New York hotel rooms tend to be small and expensive.
There are some great options however and choosing the right location is very important when travelling with babies and toddlers. Another option is to rent an apartment during your stay. Airbnb has some excellent options. If you’re more interested in staying near the museums and tourist attractions, Central Park or Midtown are ideal areas. These give you the option of taking your littles ones to the park and also put you in close proximity of the Guggenheim Museum and Natural History Museum along with plenty of restaurants and cafes Times Square is also a popular choice for families as it is very central and close to the main tourist attractions such as Broadway, the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building.
- The Hilton Times Square is a fantastic family hotel. It offers a wide range of family packages, including the Family Fun package that includes a free breakfast for four and the Build-A-Bear Workshop Pawsitively Fun package, which includes a bear backpack filled with goodies upon check-in.
- The Hotel Beacon, near Central Park offers spacious suites, all of which come with a separate living area with pull-out sofa, well-equipped kitchenette and marble bathrooms. The hotel also has cribs, high chairs and rollaway beds upon request.
- The Kimberly Hotel offers multi-bedroom suites with a separate living room with a pull-out queen-sized sofa bed, two TVs and a dining area with a kitchenette. It is located a short walk from Central Park, Times Square and the United Nations Building.
- Le Parker Meridian is an excellent Midtown hotel that has an inviting indoor pool and two family-friendly restaurants. Norma’s is famous for its brunch with cute kids menu and there is also a burger joint hidden from view behind a curtain off the lobby. The suites are ideal for families, like the roomy Junior Suite with a separate living area. Cots are available on request.
- The Holiday Inn NYC is also in Midtown and cots are available on request.
- The Affinia hotels have some fantastic suites which are very family friendly.
- The Jade Boutique Hotel in Greenwich Village is a family friendly hotel and cots are available on request.