- Children below the age of 2 travel free but must be held on a responsible adults lap. If you book a seat, you will have to pay the full seat charge.
- If you travelling with an infant that turns 2 years old whilst you are away and wish to only have a seat book for the inbound flight, you will need to make 2 separate bookings.
Strollers and Equipment
A stroller and car seat are available for carriage free of charge. Strollers can be taken to the boarding gate, where it will then be taken to load into the hold. It must be completely collapsible and may not contain any other items.
- A child younger than two years of age may bring three of the following items free of charge: 10kg baggage allowance, a stroller/pushchair, a travel cot or a car seat (checked in to the hold). If all four are required, one item would be part of any pre-purchased hold baggage weight allowance on the same booking.
- An infant does not have a hand baggage allowance. However, the accompanying parent/guardian can take infant food for consumption alongside their own hand baggage allowance.
- If an Infant has been booked in a seat, the 10kgs baggage allowance no longer applies. All other items would need to be part of any pre-purchased weight allowance on the same booking. A hand baggage allowance of 6kgs would apply if a seat has been booked.
- Travel Cots can be be checked into the hold.
Using a Car Seat
- If you are travelling with your car seat it will be checked into the hold unless you have reserved a seat for your infant, in which case you will bring your car seat on board.
- The seat must be able to fit between the armrests of the aircraft seat and your child and the child seat need to be secured according to the seat manufacturer’s instructions.
- You need to reserve a seat in advance from the airline. Contact customer service to arrange this.
Child Aviation Restraint System (CARES) – If you have booked a seat for your child, you may use a Child Aviation Restraint System: Your child and the CARES need to be secured according to the manufacturer’s instructions. The CARES may show no defects and must be approved for air transport and marked accordingly. You will need to contact the customer service team in advance to reserve for the use of your CARES.
For further information contact the airline or see the airline’s website.