- Children Under 2 – If your child has not turned two and does not occupy a seat, he/she pays 10% of the fare. If your child does occupy a seat he/she will be treated as a child aged 2 to 11. If your child occupies a seat on the aircraft, please bring with you an authorised car seat to place the child in, considering safety regulations. Please bear in mind that if the child will turn two before the trip ends, your ticket should be purchased at the ‘Child’ fare for the whole of the flight.
- Babies less than 8 months old – There are a certain number of cots for infants who weigh up to 11 kg on each Iberia aircraft on intercontinental flights. These cots, like the seats for the adults who accompany the infant, do not have to be booked online. Please book a cot through an Iberia Office in your country, where you can also get information about booking a seat for yourself in the designated cot area in advance. Depending on the cabin class, booking a seat will incur an additional cost.
- Children aged 2 to 11 – Children travel on a full fare without restrictions, and pay 50% less on domestic flights.
- Children over two and under 12 pay 50% of the fare on domestic flights with a full fare (i.e., with no restrictions). On reduced fares, a percentage will be applied depending on the fare chosen. On international flights this percentage will vary depending on the destination and the fare applied. This discount is not applied to certain special offers.
- An adult travelling with 2 Children – Onboard safety regulations require that if an adult passenger would like to travel with two small children, he/she will have to take an authorised car seat with them in which to place one of the infants which will be placed on the seat next to the adult passenger. The other infant will travel on the adult passenger’s lap, using the extra belt that the crew will provide, as up to now.
Discounted tickets for minors, i.e., children (aged 2 to 11) or infants (under 2 travelling with an adult) will have the same allowance as an adult and may also cover a foldable stroller. Please ensure that you check your baggage allowance with the airline in advance.
Using a Car Seat
You can use an approved car seat on board the aircraft provided it meets certain safety requirements. The fare applied to the infant in the car seat will be the same as that of a child aged two to 12.
For further information contact the airline or see Iberia’s website.