Etihad is a great airline to travel on with infants and toddlers and the staff are very helpful. Many of the airline’s long haul flights have a nanny service on board. The nanny can help you with warming bottles and if you are travelling alone can assist you in taking care of your child while you eat or use the restroom. Please see our ‘comments’ section for further advice.
- Passengers below 2 years of age, on the date of travel, are classified as infants and their ticket will cost 10% the price of an adult ticket.
- If travelling on their 2nd birthday, a child fare should be booked. If known at the time of travel that the infant would turn to a child on the return flight, a combination of infant and child ticket should be booked through the airlines’ offices. Age classification will apply on the date of travel and not at the time of booking.
- Infants do not have their own seat unless a child’s fare is purchased for them.
- Each adult, travelling as part of the family, can only be responsible for one infant.
- All children (above 2 years) require their own seat and must be secured whenever the seatbelt signs are on. Infants (below 2 years) may be carried on the lap of an adult and will be provided with special seatbelts. Children (over 6 months and up to 36 months) may use certain approved car-type seats in conjunction with an aircraft seat provided that the appropriate child fare has been purchased. Young guests from 2 years old and below 12 years old, on the date of travel, are classified as children. If travelling on their 12th birthday, an adult fare should be booked. If known at the time of travel that the child would turn to an adult on the return flight, a combination of child and adult ticket should be booked through Etihad’s offices.
- On arrival at your destination, strollers will either be returned at the aircraft door or should be collected at the luggage carousel. This is determined by local regulations in each country. Please ask the check-in host for information about your flight. To make life a little easier, Guests arriving at Etihad’s home base, Abu Dhabi, are welcome to use one of the airline’s complimentary strollers, which are available in the terminal, close to the gate and which are bright orange in colour.
Bassinets – All Etihad’s aircraft is fitted with baby bassinet positions where a specially designed carrycot can be installed for use by a small child or infant. Bassinets can accommodate infants below 10 months old and weighing less than 10kg. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis in Economy Class and Business Class so please book early to reserve one. For safety reasons, they can only be used once the aircraft is airborne and seat belt signs have been switched off. If the aircraft experiences turbulence and the seatbelt signs have been switched on, infants must be removed from the bassinet and secured on their adults lap using the infant seat belt.
Baby and child meals (pre-ordered) – You can request your baby or child’s meal at the time of booking or 24 hours before departure. Preferred meals will not be available onboard unless you have pre-ordered. A limited supply of baby food is available upon request from your cabin crew. If you wish to carry milk or food for your baby, you can have these warmed up on board.
Nanny Service – One of the best reasons to travel with Etihad is its inflight nanny service. The Flying Nanny provides an extra pair of hands – whether it’s helping to get the children settled for bed, keeping them entertained or simply offering advice and support to parents. Every Flying Nanny will be equipped with a goody bag of games and activities to help keep the kids occupied, easing the pressure on you.
Inflight Entertainment – There is also great inflight entertainment for kid including Zoe the bee, Jamool the camel, Kundai the lion, and Boo the panda. The Kids Club is for children under 12 years old who love interactive games, TV and Movies. A free gift with stickers and games is given to kids over 3.
Strollers and Equipment
You can take your stroller free of charge. You can either check your stroller at the check in desk or at the gate.
For Etihad’s baggage allowances click here
Children (over 6 months and up to 36 months) may use certain approved car-type seats in conjunction with an aircraft seat provided that the appropriate child fare has been purchased.
For further information contact the airline or see Etihad’s website.