Children 0 – 2 years – Tickets for infants (aged 0-2) travelling on the parent’s lap or in a bassinet are discounted from the full adult fare. When booking online, a request for a bassinet can be made in the Passenger Details section.
Infants less than seven days old will only be allowed on board in the case of travel for emergency medical reasons (in incubators) or if the mother is travelling on compassionate grounds.
Children 2-11 years – Tickets for children travelling in a separate seat are also discounted from the full adult fare. Any infant who reaches the age of 2 after the commencement of the journey must pay the applicable child fare and is required to occupy a seat for that part of the journey.
- Where a passenger travels as an infant on the outward journey and as a child on the onward/ return journey, applicable infant fare will apply for the outward journey and child fare for the onward/return flights. This cannot be booked online and should be booked through your local Emirates office.
- Where a passenger is an infant but is 2 years or older on travel date at point of origin, the applicable child fare will apply for entire journey
- Should travel plans change while en-route and an infant turns 2 years old after travel has commenced the unused coupon(s) will be reissued at the applicable child fare for the rest of the trip and a seat will also be booked for all remaining flights.
For the comfort of families with young children and to ensure that your flight takes off smoothly, Emirates offers priority boarding to families with young children. They also offer complimentary baby stroller service at Dubai International Airport (on arrival and transit only) for all passengers. Twin baby strollers are also available.
For families travelling with infants, every Emirates plane is equipped with:
- Pillows and blankets
- Large overhead storage lockers
- Changing tables in the toilets
There are bassinets on board all Emirates aircraft, measuring approximately 29.5 inches (74.93 cm) long by 13 inches (33.02 cm) wide by 6.5 inches (16.51 cm) deep. There is a weight limit of 11 kgs. In the First Class suites a custom bassinet is fitted that measures 25 inches (63.5 cm) long and 11 inches (28 cm) wide. The airline provides bassinets on a first come, first served basis and you will need to contact reservations to book these. Bassinets can be provided for babies up to 2 years old, but babies older than a year may have difficulty fitting into them. If your baby weighs more than 11 kg or is too long for the bassinet, the cabin crew will not be able to provide them.
Strollers and Equipment
Passengers can bring a fully collapsible stroller or carrycot, as a carry-on item, free of charge if cabin space is available or else as checked baggage in the hold.
Infant baggage allowances vary depending on whether the Weight Concept or Piece Concept applies and this will depend on your particular itinerary. Contact the airline in advance of flying if you are unsure of which applies to you.
Passengers travelling with infants in any class of service are also permitted one handbag for infant food (weight must not exceed 5 kg/11lb) and other inflight necessities.
Children between 6-36 months may travel on board in car seats as long as a separate seat is purchased for the child. Car seats can be used at any stage of the flight, including takeoff and landing. The car seat must be the forward facing type only and one that can be secured to the seat by the use of the lap seatbelt, and not a shoulder harness (2-point seat belt) as for car vehicles. Airport Services will approve the infant car seat at check-in for use on board.
For further information contact the airline or visit the Emirate website.