- Air France’s policy states that travel is not recommended for infants in the 7 days following birth and should be avoided if your infant is ill.
- If your child is under 2 years of age they can travel on your lap at no extra charge on flights within metropolitan France, or at a reduced fare on international flights, you can also reserve a seat for your infant and benefit from the fare reduction listed above. For over 2s, you will receive a reduction the fare of up to 15% on short-haul flights and 33% on medium- and long-haul flights.
- You will be given priority boarding at the airport if you are traveling with an infant.
- In Paris, Air France can offer you assistance at the airport you can choose to have your baggage transported to the airport from your home or hotel. Upon your arrival in Paris, Air France can also have your baggage delivered immediately to the address of your choice. For departures, arrivals and during connecting flights, Air France’s agents can accompany you and help you complete airport procedures. Please contact Air France for further details.
- You can request a bassinet on long-haul flights in the Business, Premium Economy and Economy cabins, subject to availability. Bassinets are designed for infants weighing less than 10 kg / 22 lbs and measuring less than 70 cm / 27 in. To check availability and submit your request for a bassinet, please contact Air France by phone as soon as possible after booking your flight, and at least 48 hours before your departure. If you reserved a seat for your infant, a regulation-sized car seat may be accepted in the cabin but please contact the airline in advance to arrange this.
- Infant amenities vary by aircraft. On flights of 2 ½ hours or more, a special meal, including cookies and jars of baby food, is available for your infant. Request infant meals when you book your trip or at least 24 hours before your departure time.
- On long-haul flights, your child will receive games and colouring books suited to his or her age and can enjoy a selection of kids’ entertainment: cartoons, new movies for all ages, video games and kids’ radio stations.
Strollers and Equipment –
If you are bringing a stroller on board, please remember to affix a label displaying your contact information (name, address, phone number and e-mail). You can transport a foldable stroller and car seat in the hold at no extra charge. Some strollers may be accepted in the cabin, subject to space availability. Depending on the type of stroller, the following size limits apply:
- Small foldable stroller*: dimensions cannot exceed 15 cm x 30 cm x 100 cm / 5.9 in x 11.8 in x 39.4 in
- Other foldable stroller: it replaces the hand baggage allowance for infants, and its dimensions cannot exceed: 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21 in x 13 in x 9 in. You must pack the stroller in a carrying case that covers it fully.
If you have reserved a seat for your infant, he or she receives the same baggage allowance as an adult. If your infant is traveling on your lap, you can transport for him or her: a hand baggage item weighing less than 12 kg / 26.4 lb and whose dimensions do not exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21 in x 13 in x 9 in, an additional baggage item weighing up to 10 kg (except for the Mini price ticket, which require a supplementary fee to transport baggage in the hold).
Using a Car Seat
You can use an approved car seat on Air France flights. Please click here for further details.
For further information contact the airline or visit the Air France website.